'Ready to Pop' Favors...

Thursday, May 30, 2013
 When we were brainstorming a favor for Melissa's baby shower someone suggested popcorn with pink chocolate drizzled over it.  Someone else through out the "....about to pop" phrase....and we got to melting chocolate....
 If you haven't tried salty popcorn with sweet chocolate....do.  I've done it both ways....melt a bunch of chocolate, pour it over the popcorn and then stir quickly....this go round I went with the 'drizzle' technique.
We had a lot of it to coat and I didn't have a spoon or bowl that big.  I melted it (it takes me about a minute to melt half a cup of chocolate-my favorite white chocolate are the pellets you can buy at the craft stores and not on the baking aisle).  I tried to 'drizzle' in large clumps so there was enough chocolate to grab your attention with a bite.
 We bagged and tied them off....
 Simple and affordable for a big crowd.
....and there is something beautiful about a dessert that hits the salty sweet ratio....as somewhat of an expert on the sweet tooth.....it's one of the most important food marriages!

1 comment

Lori said...

super cute idea! love it!
Lori