DIY Make Up Bags

Tuesday, July 16, 2013
 My friend showed me some bags like this for sale for bridal party gifts.  You can change the flowers out to match the dresses.  I loved the style, so simple and pretty, and I already had these little burlap bags from a previous project.  I found mine at Hobby Lobby and they came in various sizes.  All I had to do was add the flower.
I used some off white fabric I had and I snipped the edge and then ripped both sides so that it was frayed...I tied one end...
 I twisted the fabric and began wrapping it around the center in a circle.  I put a dab of hot glue every inch or so to hold it together.
 I added a pin to the back with my glue stick, and a little strip of fabric across the back to make it even more firmly 'stuck.'
 I glued a little pearl onto the front.
 ...then pinned it to the bag.  You could add some matching ribbon to the zipper pull too, but....I'll leave that for 'you' to do....I dig it.  Anything burlap and white is right up my crafting alley!

No comments