Snowmen...Literally....Everywhere on Anything

Wednesday, November 13, 2013
 So....it's August, and it's clearly time to talk about snowmen....ha!  Actually, I took these photos in April while visiting with my friend, Terry.  She travels around and sells her Christmas goodies during November and December and she works all year.....especially during the summer.  This year I've been whipping up a few projects of my own.  I'm not going into buzzz-nass, but I wanted a way to earn some money for charity. So...enter assembly line crafting---->on a much smaller scale.  I went to Terry's house for some inspiration.  My house would fit inside her foyer, so I don't have the room to store some of the treasures she finds at garage sales and alleys, but how clever is she?  I had to share some of the things she is using this year to paint on (last year she used randomness like sunglasses)....this year records (above), little ladles (below) and spoons from garages sales/thrift stores.
 Ummmm....hello adorable funnel....I need to get in my time machine b/c I've totally thrown this sort of stuff away and now I can't throw away dryer lint without feeling like I've missed a craft opportunity...
 Little tea kettle.  Go ahead, it's the cutest thing ever....all of these get bows and accessories before she takes them to the shows...
 PHONE!  I died.  It was sad.  Then I undied so I could write this blog post.  Un-died-let's enter this word into the dictionary...
 Little pot o' frosty.
 Wine box....clearly, she isn't a baptist...but what a cute way to store Christmas cards....I'm working on one of these too....I'll share later....but it wasn't a wine box...it was silverware.  Just to be clear.  In case my pastor is reading my snowman post.  In which case....well, that would be a little weird all the way around.
I'm pre-setting this to post in April....so I have no idea how much trouble I've found over the last few months....but I'm pretty sure I'll have blog post to pop up for the next two years if it's anything like I expect.  I'm off to scavenger through garage sales....thrift stores...and friend's houses now....that'll teach me not to hoard crap I don't need!  I.  KNEW.  IT!

No comments