I'm in the process of redoing my room. I made this headboard out of old pallets, which I blogged about last month. This photo isn't the finished product, but it's getting there. I bought a few pillows for my bed-but found that the pillows I wanted were not for the price I was willing to pay. I decided to make a few of my own. I saw a pillow similar to this pillow I made for 40 bucks. I just wanted some different textures, so here was my attempt at saving money and adding pizazz.
I bought a pillow filler I used the plastic bag it came in as my pattern size since it fit nicely around the pillow, I figured it was about the size I wanted. I took some white fabric and I cut 5 the same size. I pinned four of them together in one big stack (and reserved the last one for the back of the pillow).
I then took my machine and I just sewed diagonal strips across the entire thing.
I took a pair of scissors and I cut down the middle of the top three layers (leave the last one solid).
Until the three top layers were all cut.
I then pinned it inside out to the 5th piece I had set aside (the frayed edge actually my 'outside'). I sewed three and 1/2 sides, stuff the pillow inside, and finished it off.
I also made the little neck pillow by making and oversize sleeve, then tying both sides closed with some old lace I bought awhile ago at an antique store.
Peanut has added a little something to the finished product. I don't know how I feel about it, but I know who's going to lose this battle....and it won't be Peanut.