Crepe Paper Poppies

Thursday, July 31, 2014

I made these little poppies recently using some scraps of stuff around my house.  These are going to be some toppers for a favor I'm giving out at an upcoming party.  
I cut some floral wire into fourths and found some plastic (from my recycling bin...a piece of a bag. I squished it into a ball.  
 I placed the plastic ball onto the top of the wire and covered it with a little square of black tissue paper.
 I wrapped the bottom in a little piece of floral tape.
I made fringe out of a piece of 2x8 inch tissue paper.  
 I wrapped this around the middle ball.
 ...and added some more floral tape.
I cut out a petal shape from some old streamers (about a 2 1/2 inch piece).  I cut 5 or 6 of these per flower.
I pinched the end and pulled it back over my thumb to make it curl out a little.  
 I started wrapping my petals around my middle...keeping it just a tad taller than the middle.
 I just kept building it until it looked about right.
 I added more floral wire and curled the end.  Coming soon to a party favor near me.

No comments