Cherry Pie Bars
Bars:1 c. butter (softened), 2 c. sugar, 4 eggs, 1 t. vanilla, 1/4 t. almond extract, 3 c. flour, 1 t. salt, 21 oz can of cherry pie filling
Glaze: 1 c. powdered sugar, 1/2 t. vanilla, 1/2 t. almond extract, 2 T milk
1. Cream together butter and sugar. Add the egg, 1 t. vanilla, and 1/4 t. almond extract to the mix.
2. Add in flour and salt and cream until mixed well.
3. Grease a 9x13 inch pan and spread 3 c. of the batter into the bottom.
4. Pour pie filling on batter. Use a spoon to 'plop' the remaining batter over the pie filling (it'll spread out as it bakes, but there will be gaps where you can see the pie...which I like).
5. Bake at 350 for 35+ min (until golden brown, and a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let it cool, and then mix the glaze ingredients and drizzle over the bars before serving.