Old Quilt Santas

Friday, October 16, 2015
 I really am working on Halloween things....I promise, but I keep getting distracted by Christmas.  I made some roly poly Santa's a few years ago.  I just used traditional Christmas fabric at that time.  The same person that taught me how to make these Santa's (my crafty friend, Terry), made some stuffed Santa's this summer for a show using some old quilts she found at Estate Sales etc.  I just happened to have an old baby quilt I bought a few years back.  I was going to make some stuffed hearts with it, but I never got around to it....
 This summer I redid my closet, where this project wanna be lived and I decided it was time to repurpose it
I was able to pull 4 Santa's out of that baby quilt.  I love that it's made out of someone's old fabrics.  They even hand quilted it (just a 'line' up the rows).  Now it has a new home in a little bit more modern way.  I cut the binding off and used it for the trim on the hat and gloves.  Win win....one less thing in my house, and a quilt someone spent a lot of time on that was antiqued away now has a new purpose.

No comments