Mini Unicorn Pinata

Friday, July 22, 2016
 I made my own mini donkey pinata a few years ago to fill with a gift card to a local Mexican restaurant.  Here are those instructions.  Recently I saw a unicorn pinata online, and it was my intention to make another pinata....the unicorn version, but then I ran across some mini donkey shapes already put together at Hobby Lobby.
 I used a coupon and picked up a three pack.  They also sold the fringe (this is not an ad-seriously, I just hate trying to search down products), but I just bought some tissue at the dollar store.
 I cut the tissue into strips.
 I glued strips down the main, overlapping them a little bit.
 I just used regular old glue stick.
 I did the same thing with the tail, but instead of having it go to the side like the main, I had it go towards the back.
 Here's a look at the finished main.  It doesn't have to be perfect b/c you are going to go over it with the white.
 The tail is also where the opening was.
I slipped the gift inside.  
I then took white tissue and I covered the body with fringe.
I took a gold piece of scrapbook paper and glued it into the shape of a cone.
I glued a little strip in the cone, and used that surface to glue it onto the head of the unicorn.
I have two more of these guys....I think I'm going pastel with the next one, and then....who knows, the sky is the limit.

No comments