Oh, Tiny Christmas Tree

Wednesday, December 21, 2016
 I've been a little obsessed with Heidi Swapp supplies and I have a light box at work that I play with all.  the.  time.  I recently saw this tree from her Marquee Letter collection (actually one from last year, so I bought mine on ebay, but they do have a different version this year).
 What I like is that they all come with clear lights, but you can also buy colored lights.  She sells tape (including glitter tape) you can run along the sides, and it comes with a paper insert you can decorate, but I bought a sheet of scrapbook paper and used the paper as a template so I can change it out next year if I want to.
 Once I had the insert inside, I ran the tape around the edge (it's sticky-hence the name tape, but....still....it's nice to do a project that doesn't require glue).  Using the paper and tape prevents the usual glitter shed, though you could use glue and glitter just as easily.
Next up came the light, and then there is a little battery pack included in the kits.  So....now I have a mobile tree.  It's tempting to light up my car, but I think this little guy will make it's way to work with me.

No comments