Ornament Adoption Agency

Friday, December 23, 2016
 I love vintage.  I've been known to buy a thing or two at a craft store (like a needle point) simply b/c I know someone spent time making it, and I'm offended by the person who dared to sell it.  Vintage ornaments have a special place in my heart.  I love that once upon a time they sat on someone else tree, (hopefully) overlooking Christmas gifts, Christmas dinners, family visits, and I feel it's my duty to give them a new home!
 I buy them individually, or, occasionally, by the box.  I found this tree topper on ebay.  I've been obsessed with these indented ornaments for YEARS now.
 In fact, last year, I went a little nuts and bought several boxes of these Santa Land ornaments on ebay.
 I love that they are hand painted (in Poland?) and each so different.
 I put them on a little tinsel tree I had (from Hobby Lobby...it has a few more years until it's considered vintage).
I feel like I'm running a rescue of sorts.  I rescue Christmas memories, and give them a few more to add to their collection of Christmas stories.  At least that's my excuse for buying too many ornaments when I already have so many!

No comments