Colored Pasta

Monday, June 12, 2017
I made this pasta last year for July 4th.  I used a simple salad recipe I serve a lot with grilled food, but I grabbed some spiral pasta and I divided it into thirds.
I put one third in the bowl with the veggies, and then I added about 20 drops of red dye to one third.  I took a spoon and stirred and tossed it around until it was dyed red.  You can add more color to make it even darker, it's all up to you.  Once it's dyed, put it in a colander and run water over it until it stops dripping red below.  Make sure you get the excess dye off so that you don't end up with a purple pasta.
Repeat with the last third and blue dye.  Toss all the salad together.  If you rinse well enough, each noodle should hold it's color really well, even with dressing added.

No comments