Banana Split Salad

Thursday, May 09, 2019
I use the term 'salad' really lightly here, but there are a few fruits in here, so it almost counts.  But, it's summer, which means jello desserts in my book!  I found this recipe via insidebrucrewlife and I had to give it a go.  It was delicious!  
Ingredients:  3/4 oz box of instant banana pudding, 20 oz can of crushed pineapple (don't drain), 8 oz Cool Whip (thawed), 1 c. mini marshmallows, 1/2 c. walnuts (finely chopped), 1/3 c. mini chocolate chips, 2 ripe bananas (sliced), 20 oz of maraschino cherries (drained and halved)
Instructions:  Stir together the pudding mix and pineapple until dissolved and thickened.  Fold in your Cool Whip.  Gently add marshmallows, nuts, chocolate chips, bananas, and cherries.  Place it fridge for one hour.  Add bananas right before serving (I tossed mine in lemon juice and put them in when I made the salad and they didn't brown).  

No comments