Live Family "Library" From Afar

Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Blythe turns 2 in just a few weeks.  Blythe lives far to far away for my liking.  I miss that little nugget.  Every.  Day.  We don't get to see her nearly enough, but I want her to remember she's loved by us as she's creating memories, even if we aren't 'there'....this was as close as I could get.  My friend Carrilee's sister did something like this for her and her kids a few Christmas' ago, and I loved it.  She videod each family member doing their 'thing.'  C-Lee's dad is a pastor, so he took them on a tour of the church, Grandma taught them how to bake cookies, Aunt Trina taught them her favorite bible study songs.  She put all the videos on tape so the family, in particular, the kids can watch them whenever they are missing them from afar.  I decided to put together a 'library' for Blythe from her family from afar who doesn't get to read her bedtime stories.  I asked all the family here to choose a book for her, and then I told them I'd be stopping by to record each person using my flip camera. 
 My mom chose Guess How Much I Love You-the sweetest book ever. 
 My Aunt (Blythe's Nana) read Brown Bear, Brown Bear
 I forced asked everyone to write in the books.  I picked I Like Me.
 I took the flip camera and transfered all the videos to a DVD so she can watch these, with her books on the TV or computer.  I also attached a tag.  Haley shared a tutorial for making luggage tag using tags she grabbed at Walmart for under 2 bucks (for 12) and just inserting scrapbook paper.  I've been a little obsessed with these lately. 
 I used freezer paper and my cricut to dab Blythe's name to a book bag using this technique to store the family library and cd. 

Linking To:  Trendy Treehouse Blue Cricket HOH Creative Juice Crafty Soiree Fingerprints Fun to Craft Sassy Sites Just a Girl

16 comments

Deb said...

what a cute idea...I did one of the hallmark recordable books for little britches for Christmas...but your idea is better...

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

This is such a fabulous idea. I love that she gets the books, the DVD, AND a personal written message. Really fantastic.

Lori said...

Such a beautiful and thoughtful idea.

tt.scraps said...

Such a fabulous idea!!! I love little nutbrown hare! :)
I will respond to your email as soon as I get reception on my work phone....I'm on a camping field trip right now and reception on my phones is really bad.

MeMee B said...

Fabulous idea! Great not only for those living far away but, for the older generation to do for the much younger generation to have.

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

Christy-

Great idea for all the kids we love who live too far...

Going to be featuring this idea at Creative Juice this week!

:)

**AngieA said...

So glad I found your very creative blog what a great gift! Oh, and BTW my DD's name is Blythe too don't hear that name ever around here.

DIO1337 said...

ISC888 เว็บเดิมพันออนไลน์ สล็อตออนไลน์ บาคาร่าออนไลน์ เกมไพ่ แทงบอลออนไลน์ หวยออนไลน์ สูตรบาคาร่า ฟรีเครดิต 30% ค่าคอมมิชชั่น เยอะ และ ดีที่สุดอันดับ 1 ใน เอเชีย LINE @isc888s

Good Guy HVAC said...

Really! Great idea for the kids we love who live too far. amazing!!
Thanks for sharing this great info online, I home many more reader learn a lesson about your this content and thought.

Read more about Good Guy HVAC

Abdul Moid said...

Managed Cisco services

When you have a small business, keeping everything on track and keeping all of your employees on the same page is crucial.

Uzuitengen said...

เว็บเดิมพันออนไลน์ ISC888 เรารวบรวมทุกความบรรเทิงไว้ในเว็บไซต์ของเราแล้ว เพื่อให้ลูกค้าทุกท่านที่เข้ามาใช้งานได้ร่วมสนุกได้แล้ววันนี้ เดิมพันออนไลน์ ผ่านมือถือ เล่นง่าย สะดวกสบายไม่ต้องเดินทางได้เงินจริง.

Mike Johnson said...

instagram takipçi satın al
instagram takipçi satın al
takipçi satın al
instagram takipçi satın al
takipçi satın al
aşk kitapları
tiktok takipçi satın al
instagram beğeni satın al
youtube abone satın al
twitter takipçi satın al
tiktok beğeni satın al
tiktok izlenme satın al
twitter takipçi satın al
tiktok takipçi satın al
youtube abone satın al
tiktok beğeni satın al
instagram beğeni satın al
trend topic satın al
trend topic satın al
youtube abone satın al
beğeni satın al
tiktok izlenme satın al
sms onay
youtube izlenme satın al
tiktok beğeni satın al
sms onay
sms onay
perde modelleri
instagram takipçi satın al
takipçi satın al
tiktok jeton hilesi
pubg uc satın al

Mike Johnson said...

Nice post! Thank you for it! If you want to share it on your instagram page use this site https://soclikes.com to get more likes

Derek Lafortune said...

Thanks, it was informative. Don't you think it's worth posting these thoughts on Instagram? After all, this social network is now very popular. By the way, I advise you to buy instagram followers in order to quickly increase their numberand promote your account to the top.

naina k said...

Thanks for sharing valuable information....

tips to lose facial fat

namratha said...

nice post thank you for share it
read more
ibomma