Burlap Wreath

Thursday, October 06, 2011

The instructions and inspiration for making this wreath can be found here.  I love it because the burlapackdrop is perfect for any seasonal flowers.  I just add pins to the back so they are easy to pop on and off.  I did adapt this a little over time.  The original instructions say to create a ruffle using thread, and then glue the burlap down.  I found you can just wrinkle the material into the 'ruffle' look, pin it down, and then go around with a glue gun and place glue in the place of the ruffle.  It saves a step, and the effect is very much the same.  I also love to pull a string off the edges of each ruffle to give it a little bit more of a raw edge. 
Here are just a few of the additions flowers and tags I've made or bought to on the wreath as the seasons pass.  Links to how to make the various flowers are attached to each link. 
Thanksgiving Flowers
 Halloween Flowers
Silk Flower Tutorial
 
 St. Patrick's Day Flowers

 Father's Day Flowers
Tie Flower Tutorial Coming Soon

 Mother's Flowers (bought at the craft store)

1 comment

Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

Love anything burlap!