Mini Coaster Albums

Thursday, July 26, 2012
 Not to be a broken record but.....I love coaster books.  I discovered this idea a few years ago while watching a tv show.  Basically, snag some unused coasters at any restaurant and use these to glue down photos.  Punch a hole in a corner, add a ring, ribbon and charms....because life is better with a little bedazzling.  This year I made a bunch of these little books for friends I got to travel with along the Amazon river.  The concept and design is the same, but the photos inside are personalized to each person.  I take a ton of photos, and this gives me an excuse for doing so...see, I can use those photos to make little gifts. 
I stole the package idea (zebra and lime green....yummy) from one of my favorite boutiques.... I buy things at the store just so they will gift wrap it, so I decided to try my hand at it....it's all about the packaging.  I've  loved animal print packaging for the last little bit of my life.  And....by 'little' bit I mean, my whole life.  I just think I need to excuse all the animal print present in these projects.

1 comment

Lori said...

I love that boutique too! Great coaster idea.