February at the Arboretum

Saturday, February 26, 2011
Saturday I went to the Dallas Arboretum.  I went for a breast cancer fundraiser for women who are not able to afford treatment, reconstruction etc. 
Before the tea I walked along, and I got to see the Arboretum in February.  I've visited many times in the fall with my friend Nicole (Nicole, come back!).  I've visited often for Dallas Blooms in the spring.  (You haven't lived until you've seen tulips as far as the eye can see in every color, and every shape and size).  ...and this last summer I even enjoyed some of the summer concert series.  BUT...
I've never seen the daffodils, and her group of February friends. 
I super, puffy heart this magnolia. 
 Here she is from below.  I love her just as much. 
These are friends of the daffodils, but they aren't exactly a daffodils.  I have no idea what they are even though there was a plaque present.  So, like, don't use me as a phone a friend on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire if the question is flower related. 
And...as the girl who is chronically early to everything, look who else popped up for the party a little early? 
I love all the outside seating.....can't wait to see these tulips in a week....
 ...and the paths....there are quite a few, all with a different view.  Look, no flowers....that's a harder shot to find than you'd think! 
Oh how I love the arboretum, it is so far from the desert abyss that is my 'flower garden.' 

3 comments

Deb said...

beautiful photos Christy...I'm planning on going in March...

Glimpse of My World said...

OH WOW! I would have loved to attend!! beautiful place... we have been several times and each time just fabulous!!

Lori said...

and then my heart with pleasure fills and dances with the daffodils...