Saturday, July 02, 2011

Patriotic Package

 My favorite thing to do is find odd ways to mail little packages to the cute little kids in my life (case in point:  mail an egg, honey jar invitations...and I could go on...but I won't).  This package has made it's way to Blythe.  The 'packaging' is actually just a tube that holds powdered crystal light packages from the grocery story. 
Inside are necklaces, a flashing star pin, stickers, and chalk I made using this recipe
 I added a dollar in stamps, taped up the tube and sent it on it's way to celebrate a star spangled Fourth of July California style.

Linking To:  Be Different...Act Normal LollyJane I Heart Naptime Under the Table and Dreaming Sunday Showcase Nifty Thrifty  Boogieboard Cottage

10 comments:

Deb said...

adorable idea....she will love it...

Erin said...

Totally cool!

Holly said...

LOVE it!

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

how fun! my girls would love to get a package like this in the mail.

Suzie said...

Fun!

Kaitlin Saenz said...

I love your post and all of your holiday spirit! I'm visiting from Be Different Act Normal! I’m hosting my first ever blog party and its all 4th of July-all Red, White, and Blue! I’d love for you to link up and share with me!
http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com/2011/07/4th-of-july-link-party.html

Hope to see you over at my place soon!
Kaitlin-The Not So Simple Housewife
http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

This looks great!

I am having a Red, White and Blue Linky Party and would love for you to stop by and join in!
http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2011/07/red-white-and-blue-linky-party.html

poindextr said...

cute cute - what fun to receive such a clever package :)

Melissa {AllSewnUp} said...

oh, very clever. I've mailed a message in a bottle but never thought beyond that, so fun, thanks for sharing!

{nifty thrifty things} said...

Cute idea!
Thank you so much for sharing this @ {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
I can't wait to see more from you on Sunday!
xoxo,
Vanessa