Winnie the Pooh: Honey Bar

Thursday, October 20, 2011
 When Regan told me she wanted to do a Pooh themed nursery, I knew I wanted to go with the yellows and browns for the dessert portion of the shower.  I decided to go with a honey themed lay out. 
 I found some comb shaped baskets, I later gave her to store things from the changing table in. 
 Regan and her husband LOVE cheese and crackers, so I loaded up a tree cookie (think hundred acre woods) and some accompanying goodies, including honey butter, which I made using a cup of promise butter, mixed with a cup of honey.  Yum. 
 I got three different flavored honeys to try (lemon, comb (honey in it's purest form), and clover sticks.  Guest drizzled this on their crackers, and...
 ...rolls...
 I found this little bee tin (she admired months ago at an antique store), added some wooden letters, and a bear shaped jar (same antique store, I sprayed the top brown, and it's in the baby's room now as well, but at the shower it held some daisies and mums). 
 I also made some honey comb shaped cupcakes, and punched out a pooh short bread cookie, using a cookie cutter I bought on Ebay from someone in Japan....I was serious about this.  I had seen a cupcake like this online.  Again, I served these on tree cookies. 
 I also had the favors I made (honey scent bath products I blogged about here), and....
Little honey jars filled with bee themed pretzels I made, and blogged about here

4 comments

Christy said...

Christy! Important blog question here. Are you able to link to your "scheduled" posts from other scheduled posts? I've started blogging again, and I'm like a month ahead of myself! (I learn from the best!) But some of my stuff builds on itself, so, I was wondering if you knew a way...
California (less cool, less crafty) Christy.
PS You will notice (probalby in future blogs of mine) I reference you as Cooler, Craftier Christy so I will probably just start writing C3!!! anyhow!

Christy said...

Hi Christy! I'm so glad you are back to blogging! I can't wait to read your updates (for some reason I can get to your site on the link). I actually don't link in advance...the one disadvantage. You can look at the top of the screen on the address bar and see if you can figure out what the code will be...like www.christyrobbins.blogspot.com/honey+bar just based on passed post. I have done that before, and it actually worked once it published. That may be as clear as mud. I don't do it often because I'm lazy, but it will work!

Ella said...

that has got to be the cutest baby shower ever!! amazing job!

Regan said...

The cookie cutter from Japan-TOTALLY worth it. Awesomest cookie ever :)