Winnie the Pooh Baby Shower

Friday, October 21, 2011
 My best friend decided to go with a Winnie the Pooh Nursery...vintage.  I'm not usually one to do character parties, but in this case....I adapted my philosophy and went to work on a shower to match the nursery, and thus, pieces from the shower have made a home IN the nursery as a secondary bonus.  I blogged about the invitations (above) I made a few months back.  I packaged each up inside empty honey bear jars (all sources linked to original post.  The process is all spelled out here
I love invitations, and I try to make them unique to set the tone, but I also LOVE the guest sign in, and try to do something that evokes a memory in years to come.  I made this wreath the guest all added honey combs to with messages for the family to cherish as it hangs on the nursery door in welcome (click on link for more details). 
 I divided up the food in two sections.  One was a yellow and brown themed honey dessert bar (more details on link).  I'll start with that first, dessert is usually where I like to start.  I bought a pooh cookie cutter from Ebay to top the cupcakes. 
 I used burlap, tree cookie stands (cut from trees being cut down a long time ago).  I filled the bale with crackers, honey in several flavors, cheeses, honey butter, rolls, desserts....
 I bought some decorations we later put in the nursery. 
 I blogged about the honey scented bath favors here
 I also made some bee shaped, chocolate dipped pretzels.  I blogged about the process here
 Since it was lunch time, I also served pink (Piglet) punch, Eeyore Egg Salad Sandwiches (her choice of sandwich, click on link for more detailed post), and Tigger's Twisted Pasta. 
I added pages from a book I found at a Thrift store from old Pooh story books to the various tables in these frames I sprayed dark brown.  They now hang in the nursery. 
I'll post personal pictures tomorrow from the shower, and the weekend in Tennessee. 

Linking To:  Tatortots and Jello Be Different Under the Table and Dreaming Tip Junkie Crafty Soiree

5 comments

Erin said...

That is absolutely adorable. I wouldn't mind having a birthday party with that theme. HA HA

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's really sweet ... I like the subtlety of the characters.

Monica said...

Winnie the Pooh is one of my favorites...this is so cute!

Unknown said...

Adorable i like these food stuff and the cupcake are yummy.Winnie the pooh bear is the best for decoration.pooh baby shower

Unknown said...

how wide was the small bean pot? I am trying to use your idea and order but not sure which size u used