Saint Patrick's Day: Wreath

Saturday, February 18, 2012
This is a wreath I made using the instructions I posted here.  It also happens to be the only thing I did this week, thanks to my first case of strep since I was little and had my tonsils removed. Fun times, fun times.  Just in case you were wondering, you can't actually wait strep out or treat it via over the counter stuff.  It told me so.  I'd say I feel 'lucky' to be rid of it, but I do believe it was the medicine that I have to give the real credit to....
Back to the wreath...all the original links and resources are attached above.  The super simple, slightly addicting silk flower tutorial is found here.  What I love about this wreath is you can pop off the flowers/decorations and add new seasonal decor, I have a little collection here.  Some of the craft girls at work actually made these for their Mother In Laws and provided the seasonal pins.  How cute of a gift would that be?  I always wanted to do that for my friends, but...ummm...if you are my friend forget I said that because it just shows what a bum of a friend I'm being!  Anyway, I did it for myself b/c apparently I'm better about doing things when I'm selfish? 
Here are the doodads I added for St. Patrick's Day. 
I'm actually about to post a week of St. Patrick's Day crafts and edible things.  I'm shipping out my last St. Pat's Day themed gifts in the mail this weekend....and then turning my head towards Easter, but St. Pat's will be posting as I'm crafting the next holiday.  I'm not into luck, I rely on faith, but I'm all for legitimizing pinching a person on a reserved day....here's hoping those in need of pinching forget their green March 17th....


1 comment

vicky1970 said...

Hi,
I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog. Darling wreath and I'm so sorry you have been sick. :o( Pop on over and visit me...I'm a newbie blogger. I write about teaching and motherhood. I think you'll enjoy it. Feel better soon!
~ Vicky
Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After