Mermaid Party

Friday, November 09, 2012
 There will be more on this later, but here are some sneak peeks at a party to come in the future....a mermaid party. 
I sewed these ruffled streamers awhile ago.  You can find the tutorial here, and I added pearls and streamers to my chandelier. 
 I also filled canisters with candles, sand, shells and sparkley fabric surrounded each one. 
 I filled these little tins from Targets dollars spot with the silverware....and salt water taffy.  Functional favor.
 I bought these baby fish bowls at the dollar store for the drinks and I snagged these blue dot paper straws from Amazon.
 I used plastic ornaments to fill with crackers (bubbles) and added some Love Dip.
 I made these sea snails (ham roll ups, the recipe is here). 
 I also made some pasta salad "shells" and served those in large shells. 
 Last up....I made some sugar cookie sand dollars.  I used this recipe to help the icing harden so they can be bagged up. 
There will be more details....but I do love a good mermaid party.  Can't wait to put all these pieces together for a birthday in the future. 

1 comment

Anji* said...

Hey Christy! been a while since I stopped by.. good to see you're still creating gorgeous themed parties etc. The mermaid theme looks fun, some lovely ideas there :)